- About Us
- Company OverviewLearn more about MEDICAL MUTUAL
- Board of DirectorsCurrent members of the Board
- OfficersCurrent officers of the Company
- Value PropositionThe MEDICAL MUTUAL Difference
- ProducersFind a Producer
- FinancialsView our annual report
- Mutual Advantage PlanA financial reward program
- Notes from the Chair NewsletterImportant information for our Insureds
- Contact UsContact Us for more information
- CareersCareers at Medical Mutual Liability Insurance Society of Maryland
Our financial reward program recognizes your commitment to quality medicine.Learn More
e-dataRESPONSE+ Cyber Liability Coverage provides critical protection in case of a breach.Learn More
If you have been contacted by an attorney regarding your care of a patient, read this nowLearn More
- Risk Management
- Risk Management OverviewOur risk management philosophy
- Resources/SearchSearch our comprehensive library
- Doctors RX NewsletterOur risk management newsletter
- Education ProgramsRegister for a risk management program
- Security Risk AssessmentEvaluate the security of your practice
- AlertsAlerts issues by medical organizations
- Practice Manager ToolboxAn online resource designed for Practice Managers
- Practice Self-Assessment SurveyTake the practice self-assessment survey
- Risk Management FAQCommon Questions about Managing Risk
- Med-RiteLearn more about Med-Rite
- PodcastsListen to risk management podcasts
Our Risk Management education programs provide CME Credits and premium discounts. Register today!Register
Browse our comprehensive research library for information on HIPAA, EMR, claims, and much moreSearch
In response to the pandemic, many practices have
decided to adopt and implement telemedicine. Considering this, MEDICAL MUTUAL has temporarily suspended the underwriting rule that initial patient
interactions need to be face-to-face. Insureds can now see both new and
established patients via telemedicine services. As always, we recommend documenting these visits
contemporaneously. Here are some key resources regarding telemedicine:
- The Maryland Board of Physicians has recently updated its telehealth information.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has made additional waivers to rules governing visits related to COVID-19.
- With the increasing use of telehealth, Doctors need to develop a good "webside" manner. Here are 20 tips to improve this virtual skillset.
- The Maryland Board of Physicians has compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions concerning Telehealth and the Maryland State of Emergency Declaration.
- Many health insurance carriers are waiving out-of-pocket costs for telehealth visits. It would be best to consult the individual carriers you contract with to see what their respective parameters are.
- MedChi has provided a quick guide on Medicare Telehealth Coding/Billing Guidelines.
- As noted above, MEDICAL MUTUAL has changed its underwriting rule concerning telemedicine.
- To read the article "Telemedicine: Welcome to The Future" by Rachel E. Brown and John T. Sly of Waranch & Brown, click here.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services (CMS) Telemedicine Fact Sheet and Telehealth for Providers: What You Need to Know
- If you wish to incorporate telemedicine in your practice, we recommend using one of the following telemedicine consent forms as a template for your practice. Please note, these are examples and they should be tailored to fit your practice needs. Please see below: