- About Us
- Company OverviewLearn more about MEDICAL MUTUAL
- Board of DirectorsCurrent members of the Board
- OfficersCurrent officers of the Company
- Value PropositionThe MEDICAL MUTUAL Difference
- ProducersFind a Producer
- FinancialsView our annual report
- Mutual Advantage PlanA financial reward program
- Notes from the Chair NewsletterImportant information for our Insureds
- Contact UsContact Us for more information
- CareersCareers at Medical Mutual Liability Insurance Society of Maryland
Our financial reward program recognizes your commitment to quality medicine.Learn More
e-dataRESPONSE+ Cyber Liability Coverage provides critical protection in case of a breach.Learn More
If you have been contacted by an attorney regarding your care of a patient, read this nowLearn More
- Risk Management
- Risk Management OverviewOur risk management philosophy
- Resources/SearchSearch our comprehensive library
- Doctors RX NewsletterOur risk management newsletter
- Education ProgramsRegister for a risk management program
- Security Risk AssessmentEvaluate the security of your practice
- AlertsAlerts issues by medical organizations
- Practice Manager ToolboxAn online resource designed for Practice Managers
- Practice Self-Assessment SurveyTake the practice self-assessment survey
- Risk Management FAQCommon Questions about Managing Risk
- Med-RiteLearn more about Med-Rite
- PodcastsListen to risk management podcasts
Our Risk Management education programs provide CME Credits and premium discounts. Register today!Register
Browse our comprehensive research library for information on HIPAA, EMR, claims, and much moreSearch
Premium & Billing
MEDICAL MUTUAL will send you quarterly invoices for your premium with a minimum payment due for that quarter. You may make partial payments on your premium at any time, as long as the minimum due on your invoice is paid by the due date indicated. Payments received prior to an invoice and between quarterly billings will be reflected on the following invoice and the minimum due will be adjusted accordingly.
If you prefer, you may also pre-pay your entire yearly premium at the beginning of the year.
We accept several payment methods:
- Automatic Payment Plan - The most convenient option. On the due date shown on your invoice, MEDICAL MUTUAL will automatically charge your minimum payment due to your credit card (payments will be processed on the next business day if the due date falls on a weekend). Log in to your account to set up an automatic payment plan using a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card. Note: you will continue to receive invoices stating that you are on the Automatic Payment Plan.
- Online - Log in to your account to submit your payment using a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card, or via direct debit from your bank account. You may also make payments via your personal bank's Pay Bill option (you MUST include your policy and/or customer number as a reference when paying through your personal bank's payment portal).
- Mail - You may choose to complete the "Credit Card Payment" portion of your invoice and mail the completed section to our P.O. Box.
Please note: We ask that when you send payment, you refrain from including additional correspondence related to your policy. Any questions or underwriting-related changes, such as change of address or notification of policy change, should be sent to our office separately or by contacting your Producer.
If you meet any of the criteria below, you may be eligible for a discount. Contact your Producer or the MEDICAL MUTUAL Customer Service Department (800-492-0193) for more information.
Claims Free Discount
Provided to qualified Insureds who have been claims free and in private practice for five full years.
New Doctor Discount
Provided to qualified Insureds who have been in practice for less than two years.
Risk Management Credit
Provided to Insureds who have completed a risk management program offered by the Company in the year preceding the renewal policy. Applied at renewal.
Provided to Insureds who have structured office hours that are less than 30 hours per week.
Government Employee Discount
Provided to Insureds who are currently working for the federal state, or local government.
Provided to Insureds who pay their premium in full, prior to the renewal date.