- About Us
- Company OverviewLearn more about MEDICAL MUTUAL
- Board of DirectorsCurrent members of the Board
- OfficersCurrent officers of the Company
- Value PropositionThe MEDICAL MUTUAL Difference
- ProducersFind a Producer
- FinancialsView our annual report
- Mutual Advantage PlanA financial reward program
- Notes from the Chair NewsletterImportant information for our Insureds
- Contact UsContact Us for more information
- CareersCareers at Medical Mutual Liability Insurance Society of Maryland
Our financial reward program recognizes your commitment to quality medicine.Learn More
e-dataRESPONSE+ Cyber Liability Coverage provides critical protection in case of a breach.Learn More
If you have been contacted by an attorney regarding your care of a patient, read this nowLearn More
- Risk Management
- Risk Management OverviewOur risk management philosophy
- Resources/SearchSearch our comprehensive library
- Doctors RX NewsletterOur risk management newsletter
- Education ProgramsRegister for a risk management program
- Security Risk AssessmentEvaluate the security of your practice
- AlertsAlerts issues by medical organizations
- Practice Manager ToolboxAn online resource designed for Practice Managers
- Practice Self-Assessment SurveyTake the practice self-assessment survey
- Risk Management FAQCommon Questions about Managing Risk
- Med-RiteLearn more about Med-Rite
- PodcastsListen to risk management podcasts
Our Risk Management education programs provide CME Credits and premium discounts. Register today!Register
Browse our comprehensive research library for information on HIPAA, EMR, claims, and much moreSearch
Letter from the CEO - COVID-19
A Message from the Medical Mutual Group’s CEO, Jeff Poole
March 24, 2020
March 24, 2020
Dear Medical Mutual and Professionals Advocate Insured Healthcare Heroes:
Let me begin by extending our complete respect, gratitude and appreciation for what you are doing and enduring to provide the best healthcare in the world to our citizens in a time of crucial need. You are certainly the tip of the spear for any strategies employed to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
I want to provide you with a brief update on what we are doing, here at your insurance company, in response to the rapidly changing environment. For immediate announcements and extensive current information, our web site is the most accessible outlet.
1.) Telemedicine: With the physical interaction restrictions brought on by COVID-19, we immediately suspended the underwriting rule that initial patient interactions be face-to-face.
2.) Retired Doctors: With the need for more healthcare providers looking imminent, we immediately suspended Extended Reporting Endorsement (Tail) and MAP restrictions of retired doctors electing to come out of retirement during the pandemic period.
1.) We are fully functional in all areas of our operations. Staff is now working remotely, but that will have no effect on our ability to serve you. We have a robust, complete, and well-tested Business Continuity plan and it is engaged and working as it should.
2.) We have stopped all travel and in-person meetings. We will be using telephones and electronic media to facilitate meetings.
3.) We have postponed all in-person Risk Management education programs through May 15.
COVID-19 Pandemic Information
1.) We have established clearly identified sections of our web site for all COVID-19-related information. Please go there for practice and treatment recommendations, links to the most authoritative sources, coverage announcements, and an ever-growing FAQ section.
2.) As always, our Customer Service and Risk Management teams are available to respond to any questions you may have. Simply call one of our main telephone numbers: 410-785-0050 or 800-492-0193 (toll free). This is also true of our Claims team on claims-related inquiries.
3.) We are in constant contact with your insurance producers (brokers) and they have all current policy information.
Let me close by saying that we are celebrating Medical Mutual’s 45th anniversary, and Professionals Advocate’s 35th anniversary in 2020. We are built on sound fundamentals and have come through many storms unharmed. That kind of strong foundation supports our “A” rating from A.M. Best. We are certainly prepared to weather this one. We will be there for you as we always have.
Jeffrey M. Poole
President and CEO